Neverstop RP Server Rules
This guide was written for the Neverstop RP FiveM server.
We are a North-American server. You must speak and understand English at all times.
You must have a working microphone with no background noise and crystal clear output. Voice changers are acceptable, but they must be understandable and not overly loud, too quiet, or extremely high or low pitched.
Players with a VAC ban are prohibited. Unfortunately, we cannot make exceptions as our system will automatically deny all VAC-banned Steam accounts.
Do not be toxic or breed toxicity of any kind.
The use of glitches, exploits, or hacks is prohibited. If you find a glitch or exploit, please notify the admin team through a bug report on Discord.
Abide by the Twitch Terms of Service (ToS), Twitch Community Guidelines, and Discord Terms of Service while in the city and Discord.
Ban duration is at the discretion of the staff members, but generally speaking the process for a ban is as follows:
First offence = 1-week ban
Second offence = 1-month ban
Third offence = Permanent ban
More severe offences can result in a permanent ban and deletion of character data. Examples of these may include hacking, exploiting, toxic behavior, abusive/malicious behaviour, and mass VDM or RDM.
Upon receiving a ban, our discord bot will DM you with your ban reason and the length of the ban. You will need to have DMs enabled on Discord in order to receive this. Alternatively, you can inquire about your ban at neverstoprp.com. It is your responsibility to open a ban appeal at neverstoprp.com at the end of your ban if it is not automatically removed by our Discord bot.
RESPECT AND VALUE OF LIFE
No KOS (kill on sight) unless it is an agreed-upon between gangs in your respected territory (see Gang Guidelines below) or both parties have made a mutual introduction and understand why combat is occurring. Do not RDM (random death match) or VDM (vehicle deathmatch). You must have a logical reason for killing someone.
You must value your character’s life and the lives of other characters at all times. Therefore, your character’s personality and mannerisms should portray fear when faced with a life threat. For example, if you have a gun pointed at you, put your hands up.
Do not harass or disrespect other members or management. Instead, show respect to other players and keep the real-life drama out of roleplay. Do not use derogatory remarks regarding race, national origin, gender, religion, disabilities, or sexual preference. Do not base a character’s roleplay around being heavily toxic, aggressive, or discriminatory.
You have the right to bear arms inside your home, business, or place of employment. Therefore, you may use deadly force inside your home, business, or place of work if your character’s life is at risk. Home and business owners may choose to disallow this at their discretion. Police may ignore hostage-takers demands while at any police precinct.
Do not rob, kill or take hostage a player that is 3 days old or less, indicated by a green turtle above their head.
Hits and bounties on other players are not allowed.
OUT-OF-CHARACTER AND SAFE ZONES
Do not have out-of-character discussions in-game unless located within the OOC underpass near zipcode 539.
All locations associated with city events are considered safe zones during the entirety of the event. The Job Center, Pillbox, PDM, Sanders Motorcycles. Mine, and Foundry are the only permanent safe zones (subject to change).
You may not wield weapons, and you may not commit a crime of any kind inside a safe zone.
Do not attempt to change how someone roleplays their character by forcing your roleplay styles on them. Likewise, please do not attempt to silence someone or talk over them while they are roleplaying. Roleplay is a two-way street, and we are here to create stories with each other, not listen to ourselves speak.
Always engage in the roleplay that is taking place around you. Players who ignore other players are committing FailRP.
Do not kidnap, rob, or assault EMS or medical staff for any reason.
Do not kidnap, rob, or assault reporters while reporting on the scene of a crime/event. Reporters must have video or audio equipment in hand and visible to be eligible for this exemption.
Do not kidnap, rob, or assault mechanics who are out on a tow. Mechanics can defend their shops against threats and respond with aggressive force if held at gunpoint at their place of employment.
Do not kidnap, rob, or assault PDM workers when they are on duty inside or outside the dealership in the parking lot.
Hostages cannot be friends, associates or imaginary. NPCs (locals) can only be used as a hostage when there are 30 or less players in the city.
Do not charge into a hostage situation without the release and safety of any hostages.
Do not use plain speech when downed unless EMS inquires about your injuries. Instead, act as if your character has heavy wounds through your character’s personality and mannerisms.
If your character revives by any method other than a medical staff member or admin, you may not remember who or what killed you or any events that led up to your character’s death.
Do not return to the place of your death for at least 15 minutes.
Do not seek revenge unless it is shared with you by another character through roleplay.
You may not kill off your character unless you have cleared it with an admin first. Requests to “do not resuscitate” (DNR) breaks immersion for other players. You may not have funerals.
Medical staff, police and reporters are not allowed to participate in criminal activity while on or off duty.
If you trigger an EMS alert, it is required to wait until EMS arrives on the scene if they have confirmed they are en route.
If you are an EMS, do not revive downed players on-scene. Instead, it would be best if you transported downed players to a hospital for treatment.
Do not impersonate law enforcement officers or medical staff. It is strictly prohibited. Please do not wear any clothing items that belong to police or medical staff unless your job permits it.
Do not perform rape, erotic, mutilation, or any other extreme roleplay variation. In addition, do not perform detailed acts of torture, dismemberment, cannibalism, or other highly graphic activities.
Players can be identified by their face, outfit, or individual clothing items up to 24 hours after a crime or other event. Stripping off clothing items after a crime or other interaction can still warrant a detainment by Police for questioning if they have probably cause or reasonable suspicion that you were involved in a crime or other event. We recommend changing your entire outfit before and after a crime and refraining from wearing gang colours during a crime as that would implicate the entire group.
Do not create fictitious business story-lines at the scene of a crime to mask very obvious criminal activities that are being performed. Everyone knows what you are doing, and failure to act your part as a criminal will be considered FailRP or Power Gaming. Examples of this includes but is not limited to, AC Repair Personnel, Bank Vault Maintenance Techs, etc. The government and the justice system will never write official business plan documents for ventures like this.
Neverstop RP staff has the right to evict the owner of any walk-in business if the business is not actively utilized for RP purposes and/or used to host city published events. Owning a walk-in business with an interior simply to use it for a stash is withholding RP from the rest of the city.
- Each gang leader is expected to make sure that their gang members are following server rules.
- You (as a leader) should only be recruiting trustworthy people, and as such, they are your responsibility, not the server admin or development teams.
- Each gang can’t have more than 20 members. This is the gang leader responsibility.
- Gang leaders should register their gang in a ticket and provide the required info.
- Each leader should make sure that whoever is he recruiting may not be in another gang, or have another character in a rival gang.
- Gang conflict may only start over real roleplay reasons and not the interaction between one individual or based on a player’s comment.
- All gang violence should be avoided in safe zones and community posted event locations.
- During a gang conflict, it is prohibited to contact 911 or press the G key to call EMS systems to get revived. If Law Enforcement or EMS appears on scene, it is under their own volition. LEO and EMS are not required to continually revive gang members where shootouts are happening. They will not be a gang’s personal revive service.
- Do not brag about gang conflict outcomes on Twitter or other forms of communication. Scorecards should be kept low-key. For example, do not tell Twitter how many people you have killed or post photos of the aftermath.
- Gangs should not have more than 5 individuals to be involved in any scene, whether if it was a gang conflict on their turf or elsewhere.
- If a gang wins a conflict they may not talk to downed rival gang members.
- Gang members may only “Blackout” if doing a non gang related crime with an Unaffiliated Player.
- Gang members cannot do jobs/crimes with other gangs or members of other gangs.
Gang Conflict Process
- Gang conflicts work on a daily process.
- One attack and one retaliation from the defending gang is allowed per day. This process of attack & retaliate can only be repeated for seven days, after which, conflict should pause for 3 days.
- During the attack & retaliation process, the attacker can only attack again once the defender has retaliated.
- Gang Leaders can break the process at any time during the seven days by requesting for peace in another face to face meeting between gang leaders.
- During a war, only 2 vehicles can be involved per gang. Vehicles should not be used to ram each other.
- Gang involvement in shootouts and gang wars is strictly limited to the gangs involved. No outside gangs may interfere.
General Gang Guidelines and Rules
- Do not force people to change the colours of their vehicles, clothing, or hair. You may only use colours to identify your organization or gang. Only one organization or gang may identify with an individual colour at a time.
- Do not chain rob other gang members or target other gang members repeatedly.
- Gangs should not be overly friendly, soft, or otherwise non-combatant in the event of a conflict or financial reason.
- Gang members may not kill players who are not associated with a registered gang or considered solo, unless attacked or provoked by the non-gang player.
- Do not bad-mouth other gang members or be toxic or you will face server bans.
- Failure to abide by any of the rules will risk all members of a gang losing their gang status or even earning subsequent server bans.
- Gang members may not “blackout” to avoid gang affiliation being known.
- Gang members cannot do jobs/crimes with other gangs or with members of other gangs or orgs.
Do not force another player to kill off their character permanently
Do not force another player to empty their bank account, stashes, trunks, or any other personal storage container.
Do not chain rob a player if you are part of a group of players. Only one player of the group may loot the victim.
Do not use crosshair or third-party programs to gain an advantage over other players. You may only acquire a marksman license in-game to activate the built-in crosshair functionality.
Do not have more than five (5) players in a roaming group. Group size limits ensure interactions remain fair and balanced. Police may only have up to 5 units in a roaming group or on scene, including Air 1.
Do not stake out safe zones and rob players as they exit.
Do not run into safe zones to avoid interaction with other players.
Do not force other players to revive at a doctor for any reason.
Do not be corrupt if you are an officer of the law.
Do not trespass on military property.
Do not spike strip within the immediate area of a robbery.
Do not chain rob stores, banks, ATMs, or any other property and device.
Do not elude police on a motorcycle or off-road unless agreed upon by all parties.
Do not commit ambush roleplay by ambushing another player without them agreeing with it out-of-character. Ambush roleplay does not include taking another person hostage without the intent to harm.
Do not bait other players by intentionally drawing attention away from another roleplay scenario.
Do not combat log by logging out of the server in any way to avoid jail or a roleplay situation. However, if it is an emergency or your game crashes, let the other players know in Discord and log back in as soon as possible to finish the roleplay scenario.
Do not drive off-road only vehicles on paved roadways unless driving to park at a nearby garage after purchase.
Do not use any out-of-character information to benefit your character.
The use of third-party communication programs is allowed only if the shared information does not disadvantage others. That said, please try to utilize in-game communication methods such as radios, phone calls, and text as much as possible. Communicating in-game helps develop backstories and provides more immersion to everyone else.
Do not stream snipe. You may not be in another player’s live stream while logged in to the server.
Players must create a realistic human character using the customization system.
Do not dress your character to resemble an alien or animal.
Nude models or portions of models are prohibited in public areas and can only be used at private events or locations.
Do not make parts of your body invisible or intentionally glitched
Character names add a level of immersion and must avoid being disruptive. Examples of common inappropriate or disruptive RP names include but are not limited to:
a. Names that reference known people, characters, brands, places, or icons
b. Names that reference slang terms, offensive language, or are just unoriginal.
c. Names that consist of multiple words
Do not play as a vigilante. You cannot be Batman, Spider-Man, John Wick, Jason Bourne, Daredevil, etc.
Association with previously banned players can result in a ban and deletion of your account data depending on the circumstances and toxicity of the association.
Association with server clones, stolen server resources, copyright violations, software piracy, piracy forums, or other illegal activity will result in a ban and deletion of your account data. Do not share this type of material in-game or in Discord.
Any violation of the rules above can result in a ban and deletion of your account data. However, our administrative team has complete discretion over the enforcement of these rules. Therefore, disciplinary actions will vary from case to case. In addition, the details of these actions can significantly depend on the severity of the infraction or an individual’s preceding record.
You can appeal bans at https://neverstoprp.com. If you are banned from the appeals Discord, the admin team has deemed your ban permanent, and you may not join the city again.
To report another player, please use the #create-ticket channel on Discord. Press the tilde (~) key in-game to determine a player’s server ID.
In-game currency and item refunds are not distributed for bugs. However, our admin team will sometimes reward players who report bugs. Please use the ticket system in Discord to create a bug report.
Discord is considered OOC (Out of Character). Therefore, topics discussed there should never be used in-game.
Do not send friend invites or DMs to other players who have not solicited them.
Do not DM (Direct Message) or tag any admin or mod.